Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Swiftly Tilting Planet

The light is coming back to the Yukon amazingly quickly. At the winter solstice, the sky doesn't start to light up until about 9:45, when the first faint rays begin to the backlight the clouds behind the mountians.

This morning, I noticed that when I left my cabin at 7:40, the clouds about the mountians were already beginning to glow, and by the time I began to descend "Two Mile Hill" into Whitehorse, the clouds were a full-on pink-orange color, which was incredibly beautiful.

And after work last night, it was still light, with the air feeling the cool dampness that reminds me of Spring up here, rather than the bone-dry crispness the is characteristic of the depth of Yukon winter.

I know we will have more cold days before Spring, but the promise of it is around the corner... ok, maybe two months away! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home