Thursday, April 03, 2008

Where I'm trying to get to...

I am thinking that there is an opportunity for men and women to work together to better understand and appreciate the qualities of one-another’s genders. And I have a sincere hope that we are able to do so. The concepts I would love to get beyond are embodied in two quotes, below:

"Don't even try to understand women"
- anon

and

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."
- often attributed to Gloria Steinem, but actually originally written by Irina Dunn, a distinguished Australian educator, journalist and politician


I would dearly love to begin to understand women, and would like to feel that in the eyes a woman, we are, as a sex, less superfluous than the proverbial fish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite quote of all time is"Balls said the Queen, If I had them I would be king"

12:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home