Friday, July 07, 2006

Coming to the North - Part 1

After I finished college (Class of '84, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia,) I moved to New York City, and worked for Macy's for four years there and in New Haven, Connecticut, and married my college sweetheart, Rebecca. Then followed a nine-year stint with pioneer ISP, Prodigy Services, in White Plains, New York, during which Becky and I became the happy parents of daughter MacKenzie ('93) and son Peter III ('95.)

In 1997 we pulled up stakes, left our 18th century New England home by the shores of Long Island Sound, and moved to the suburbs of Kansas City, at the eastern edge of the great plains. After eight years of working at Sprint corporate headquarters in business development and strategic planning, I was let go, and spend the better part of the following year looking for my next job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home